thoughts on allsorts!

Sunday 7 February 2010

Party and parcels!

Last night was Trashy's --th birthday! It was soo nice to get dressed up for a change, and put the high heels on! Mind you after spending my life in wellies it took me a few minutes to stop teetering about like an idiot! What was also brilliant was that i got to see Mrs Moog, who i had not seen for what seemed like ages, and to meet her lovely hubby! I was also looking forward to seeing the surprise that some of us bloggers had made for Trashy! Below are some of the lovely gifts and cards and flowers that she received


but here is one of her surprises - which she is modelling herself, in the style of 'Wilson'!!

A gorgeous little quilt! And next - the beautiful knitted blanket!


Don't you just love them! i did three squares - but the non fancy ones - several lovely blogging ladies - Julie, Val,Lucy and Michaela made gorgeous squares (if i've missed anyone out i humbly apologise but my memory is crap and when Mrs Moog was telling Trash all the details i missed bits!) and the fantastic Mrs Moog put the quilt together, knitted squares and put the blanket altogether - i don't think she slept for the last three days!!! What a woman!!!

As you can imagine Trash was over the moon - i did get a quick cuddle with the blanket and was tempted to sneak it home!! But it has inspired me to be a bit more adventurous in my knitting and have a go and try and do things like this
So all in all it was a lovely party!


I was also very lucky this week to get a parcel from Jenny. I had commented on the lovely fabric she had used to make some jammies and she very kindly offered to send me some - but not only that she sent me some gorgeous goodies as well !I feel very spoilt - thank you soo very much Jenny!

Well thats it for the moment - except for a little p.s. to this post - which Lesley will love!! When i got home late last night, i stepped out of the heels and into wellies as i had to hay up the horses for the night - Em and I went out to the paddocks with torch and hay only to find that two of the horses had managed to pull out all the electric fencing! So there i was in my gladrags, ankle deep in mud trying to put it altogether by torchlight!! ah my life is such fun!!! Never a dull moment!

xxx


















18 comments:

Joy said...

Oh poor Maria ... I have mental pictures of you dressed up to the nines with the wellies on, in the freezing cold ......... Glad you had a lovely night though, looks like loads of fun :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

trash said...

Rotten bloody hosses!

Thank you for coming to play last night. You and Lesley flew the blogland flag well (if a little secretly ;-)

jennyflowerblue said...

Aww, what an end to your evening! Glad you like your goodies. Hugs xx

Gina said...

Sounds like a great party... but what a way to end your evening!

Locket Pocket said...

It sounds like a great evening - I just wish I could have been there too! Trashy's presents look fab! Locket xx

silverpebble said...

How exciting to hear about it and see the gorgeous hand-made pressies! I want to see your heels!

Gorgeous presents from Jenny
x

Jan said...

Glad rags and wellies hee hee ,so pleased you enjoyed the party it sounded fun ,,..,,love Jan xx

Tallis said...

I celebrated my brithday Friday sadly I didnt get any crafting gifts, but those posted here look fab, and well received :)

trash said...

They were Tallis, very well received.

Mama said...

Ahhhh the life of a farm-girl, nothing but glamor!

So, so very sad to have missed the party - and for my package to have missed the party as well :( Ever so grateful for the pics - thanks a million!

xoxoxo

ps: As of Saturday afternoon, 28" in the yard; an additional 12" slated to come tomorrow night. It surely IS Snowmageddon!!!!

Michaela said...

Love the quilt and knitted blanket - Moogsmum did a truly splendiferous job there! I wonder if a trend has now been started...

Unknown said...

At least you can laugh about it ! That flower knitted into the quilt is beautiful .

Kitty said...

So glad Mrs T's party went well - was thinking of you all on Saturday evening.

Sorry to hear about the horses. :(

x

noelle said...

great party by the sounds of it! I also have spent many atime fighting with fencing tape and zappers!!

Pomona said...

Love that Scottie patch - it reminds me of my dear departed furry friend.

Pomona x

Annie said...

Hi, I'm just popping round to the other members of the 20 minuters to give them the opportunity to join in the Gift draw in our blog shop. It is partly down to the encouragement of MarmaladeRose that I am still really enjoying doing my 20 minutes of crafting every day and this is stocking the shelves in our shop. I hope you will pop over and join in the fun. The draw will be made on Mon 22nd Feb so this is the last week. If you choose to join in Good Luck. :-)
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
Many thanks,
A x

julie said...

looks like such a fun evening - glad everyone had a good time - especially Mrs Trash herself. Didn't the blanket work out beautifully - clever Lesley for getting it all together! Sounds like you could have had a better homecoming though, no sugar lumps for those two!

Indigo Blue said...

Reading the last part of your post I had a bit of a Barbara moment from the Good Life! xx